Sunday, November 2, 2008

Roam If You Want To...

Roam around the world...

I used to really love that song. Still think it's a great song. ... Anyway, a quick update with my travels. Left New York the morning after Halloween (fun times!). Said "good-bye" to my friends Huy and Joe (who kindly let me crash at their place while I was there) and took a cab to Penn Station, where I caught a train down to Washington, D.C., en route to Chicago. Had a 4-hour layover there, which gave me a chance to catch up with my friends Chris and Erika (friends from film school who recently relocated to D.C.). Had lunch and a quick tour of our nation's capitol before I had to hop back on the train to Chicago, which is where I am now.


Riding the train is fun, but I don't think I would ever recommend going on a train ride that lasts longer than a day. The seats are roomy and comfy, but 20 hours of sitting down is no joke. However, seeing all the glory that is small town Americana is worth the trip (if you're into that sort of thing, which I am).


Anyway, arrived this morning at Chicago Union Station, where I was met by my brother. Dropped the luggage off, then hit the 'L' train down to Chinatown, where we gorged ourselves with some crazy fabulous dim sum (really, it was GREAT!). Whatever weight I lost last week walking all over New York and eating vegetarian all the time (both my employers and my friends are vegetarian), I think I gained it all back in that one sitting at Happy Chef. ... Oh well.



Hope everyone is doing well! Next stop on my trip: FLORIDA!!! X-D

No comments:

Labels

cosmetics (51) deals (29) discounts (29) online shopping (29) reference (17) tips (13) videos (12) skin care (10) youtube (10) mac (8) travel (8) humor (7) limited collection (7) sephora (7) budget-friendly (6) drugstore (6) life (6) new york (6) politics (6) tutorials (6) ebates (5) environment (5) health (5) natural (5) organic (5) cellphones (4) chicago (4) coupons (4) diy (4) inspirational (4) prescriptives (4) shu uemura (4) urban decay (4) awareness (3) economy (3) food (3) happy new year (3) iPhone (3) korean (3) review (3) samsung (3) technology (3) too faced (3) antibacterial (2) belli (2) benefit (2) caveat emptor (2) cleansing oil (2) clinique (2) cooking (2) eatyourkimchi (2) estee lauder (2) foundation (2) glen ivy (2) hard candy (2) jojoba oil (2) kpop (2) lipstick (2) nyx (2) photography (2) revlon (2) sanrio (2) ulta (2) update (2) video games (2) 2014 (1) 2016 (1) amazon (1) animal crossing (1) barbie (1) bare minerals (1) bb cream (1) best buy (1) black friday (1) blogging (1) blush (1) bobbi brown (1) butter (1) cancer (1) candlemaking (1) cetaphil (1) cherry culture (1) clarisonic (1) contouring (1) covergirl (1) cruises (1) documentary (1) dr. bronners (1) ebay (1) elf (1) entertainment (1) etude house (1) eyeshadow (1) florida (1) ghee (1) halloween (1) happy holidays (1) ifttt (1) jane (1) jem and the holograms (1) jungsaemmool (1) korres (1) lancome (1) lauren luke (1) lush (1) macy's (1) mascara (1) merry christmas (1) movies (1) nars (1) new york color (1) new york times (1) origins (1) outlets (1) paleo (1) panacea81 (1) pink ribbons (1) primer (1) recipes (1) shoes (1) smurfs (1) spa (1) stila (1) vaseline (1) vegetarian (1) walmart (1) wii fit (1)