Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wii Fit - Yes I Can!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! I was able to get one!!!


It was so magically miraculous how it all happened! Yesterday was totally my lucky day. Anyone who hung out with me that day, expect little miracles in your life because I'm sure it rubbed off.

So, I had to meet up with a director I worked with. He wanted to give me a copy of the rough cut of his film (the one I shot for him about a year back). We were supposed to meet at 11:30am at Starbucks, but due to various reasons, he didn't show up until 12:30pm. Mind you, I was just going to be in and out, so I literally rolled out of bed and hopped in the car to get there. My original plan was to grab the DVD, go back home, and crawl back in bed (What can I say? I keep odd hours.).

Anyway, so that plan was shot down when I had to wait an hour for dude to show up. Meanwhile, as I was waiting, a friend of mine called. When I told her I was in her neck of the woods, we decided to grab some lunch.

By the time I decided to hit the road and head back home, it was already 3:30pm, MUCH much later than I had planned. With the traffic and everything, I was finally back in town at around 4:30pm. Since I was already out, I decided I would stop by the mall before heading home to check out my Christmas gifting options. As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent a brief part of the night before halfheartedly looking for the Wii Fit. It didn't hurt to try, so I walked into the Target and headed up the escalator to the video games section.

Lo and behold, the shelves were empty. Sigh. Oh well, it wasn't like I didn't expect that. So, I decided to spend a minute to see what games were out for the Wii, but had no desire to buy anything. Just as I was about to leave the aisle, an employee walked by, carrying a box in his hand. At first, I wasn't sure if he was an employee, because he wasn't wearing the same kind of bright red shirt Target employees usually wear.

Anyway, so he walked past me, and placed the box he was carrying back on the shelf and walked away. I looked over... It was a Wii Fit!!! Oh my God! Was I seeing right? I walked over, and yes. Yes, he did just put a Wii Fit back on the shelf! I waited a second to see if he was going to come back (he didn't), then I grabbed the box and headed straight over to checkout. I was so elated, I didn't even bother to open the box and make sure it wasn't some messed up returned item (thankfully, it wasn't). I immediately made the purchase and headed straight home.

To think that if my day had gone the way I had planned it to go, with dude showing up on time and me getting home and just crawling back into bed, none of this would have happened. I know it's kind of childish to be so excited over a video game component, but the whole experience of it all was so magical! For something so elusive that people are going to great lengths to obtain, for something like that to just appear so effortlessly in front of me... Magical.

...

Oh yeah, on that same day, I also ran into a classmate that I hadn't seen in a few years while I was at Starbucks, and the owner of the gas station whose carwash damaged my car finally gave in (after about a month of letter writing and getting corporate and the BBB involved) and said he would pay for the repairs to my car in full.

But the Wii Fit thing was still completely magical.

No comments:

Labels

cosmetics (51) deals (29) discounts (29) online shopping (29) reference (17) tips (13) videos (12) skin care (10) youtube (10) mac (8) travel (8) humor (7) limited collection (7) sephora (7) budget-friendly (6) drugstore (6) life (6) new york (6) politics (6) tutorials (6) ebates (5) environment (5) health (5) natural (5) organic (5) cellphones (4) chicago (4) coupons (4) diy (4) inspirational (4) prescriptives (4) shu uemura (4) urban decay (4) awareness (3) economy (3) food (3) happy new year (3) iPhone (3) korean (3) review (3) samsung (3) technology (3) too faced (3) antibacterial (2) belli (2) benefit (2) caveat emptor (2) cleansing oil (2) clinique (2) cooking (2) eatyourkimchi (2) estee lauder (2) foundation (2) glen ivy (2) hard candy (2) jojoba oil (2) kpop (2) lipstick (2) nyx (2) photography (2) revlon (2) sanrio (2) ulta (2) update (2) video games (2) 2014 (1) 2016 (1) amazon (1) animal crossing (1) barbie (1) bare minerals (1) bb cream (1) best buy (1) black friday (1) blogging (1) blush (1) bobbi brown (1) butter (1) cancer (1) candlemaking (1) cetaphil (1) cherry culture (1) clarisonic (1) contouring (1) covergirl (1) cruises (1) documentary (1) dr. bronners (1) ebay (1) elf (1) entertainment (1) etude house (1) eyeshadow (1) florida (1) ghee (1) halloween (1) happy holidays (1) ifttt (1) jane (1) jem and the holograms (1) jungsaemmool (1) korres (1) lancome (1) lauren luke (1) lush (1) macy's (1) mascara (1) merry christmas (1) movies (1) nars (1) new york color (1) new york times (1) origins (1) outlets (1) paleo (1) panacea81 (1) pink ribbons (1) primer (1) recipes (1) shoes (1) smurfs (1) spa (1) stila (1) vaseline (1) vegetarian (1) walmart (1) wii fit (1)