Monday, December 1, 2008

New YouTube Makeup Tutorial Channel Find

I've found yet another YouTube makeup tutorial channel. I have to tell you, though, I am actually pretty picky about which ones I subscribe to: some don't have enough variety in terms of the looks or tips that they offer, while others are just plain annoying to watch (pardon the snark). So, when I do post a YouTube channel here, rest assured that I'm trying to bring you what I consider to be the best (or, at least, the better) of these makeup tutorial channels.

That being said, this particular channel is run by YouTube user xteeena.



I really did come across her channel by accident. I was watching a video by another favorite YouTube makeup artist of mine when I saw a link to one of xteeena's videos (the one embedded above, actually).

What attracted me to that video was the gorgeous smokey eye... on an eyelid with no crease. Being of Asian ethnicity, I find that it's hard for me to copy or mimick some of the eye makeup tutorials I see (both on and off of YouTube) because my eyes don't exactly have the same features as the models'. So, seeing someone creating some of the most beautiful looks I have ever seen, and that she's creating them on an eye that resembles mine, is just amazing and very inspirational. And, to top it all off, she plays with the cheap makeup, yo! Believe me, with my current budget, I can't begin to tell you how great it is to see that little column on the right listing a bunch of drugstore brands, instead of it looking like the usual MAC shopping list!

Anyway, whenever you have a minute, check out her videos. She's very personable and fun to watch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xteeener is pretty amazing, to say the least. I was so happy to find a beauty vlogger on YouTube who used affordable products. And she's incredibly creative in all the looks she comes up with.

jkim said...

right??? i'm so glad i found her youtube channel!

Anonymous said...

She's great, I love watching her vids!

jkim said...

Thanks for visiting, DivaShop!

I know, and I love the fact that she's really down to earth in her videos. Very easy to follow along!

Labels

cosmetics (51) deals (29) discounts (29) online shopping (29) reference (17) tips (13) videos (12) skin care (10) youtube (10) mac (8) travel (8) humor (7) limited collection (7) sephora (7) budget-friendly (6) drugstore (6) life (6) new york (6) politics (6) tutorials (6) ebates (5) environment (5) health (5) natural (5) organic (5) cellphones (4) chicago (4) coupons (4) diy (4) inspirational (4) prescriptives (4) shu uemura (4) urban decay (4) awareness (3) economy (3) food (3) happy new year (3) iPhone (3) korean (3) review (3) samsung (3) technology (3) too faced (3) antibacterial (2) belli (2) benefit (2) caveat emptor (2) cleansing oil (2) clinique (2) cooking (2) eatyourkimchi (2) estee lauder (2) foundation (2) glen ivy (2) hard candy (2) jojoba oil (2) kpop (2) lipstick (2) nyx (2) photography (2) revlon (2) sanrio (2) ulta (2) update (2) video games (2) 2014 (1) 2016 (1) amazon (1) animal crossing (1) barbie (1) bare minerals (1) bb cream (1) best buy (1) black friday (1) blogging (1) blush (1) bobbi brown (1) butter (1) cancer (1) candlemaking (1) cetaphil (1) cherry culture (1) clarisonic (1) contouring (1) covergirl (1) cruises (1) documentary (1) dr. bronners (1) ebay (1) elf (1) entertainment (1) etude house (1) eyeshadow (1) florida (1) ghee (1) halloween (1) happy holidays (1) ifttt (1) jane (1) jem and the holograms (1) jungsaemmool (1) korres (1) lancome (1) lauren luke (1) lush (1) macy's (1) mascara (1) merry christmas (1) movies (1) nars (1) new york color (1) new york times (1) origins (1) outlets (1) paleo (1) panacea81 (1) pink ribbons (1) primer (1) recipes (1) shoes (1) smurfs (1) spa (1) stila (1) vaseline (1) vegetarian (1) walmart (1) wii fit (1)